We’re having a photography competition, and yes, there’s a prize! The competition opens on the 25th of September and runs until the 23rd of October.
We want to help people discover and share beautiful and relaxing reading spots in Oxford. In order to do this, we’re running a photography competition. To enter, email pictures of your favourite reading spots to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the location of the reading spot, your name, and if you wish to be tagged, your social media handles in your email.
As this is a reading spot competition, your image should feature some kind of reading element! Check out our Instagram for examples. We’ll also be sharing submissions on our Instagram account, fairlightbooks, to help decide the winners.
There will be three prizes!
First place, a £50 gift certificate for Blackwell’s bookshop.
Second place, a £25 gift certificate for Blackwell’s bookshop.
Third place, a £25 gift certificate for Blackwell’s bookshop.
We’ll announce a long list on the 25th of October and a short list on the 27th of October. The final three winners will be released on the 30th of October.
Please make sure to read the full terms and conditions below before submitting. Thank you and good luck!
Terms and Conditions
- The Oxford Reading Spots photography competition (the “Competition”) is open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
- This competition is open from 25/09/2017 until 23/10/2017.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
- Employees or agencies of Fairlight Books, its group companies, or their family members, freelance contributors to Fairlight Books or anyone else connected with the Competition may not enter the Competition.
- Entrants into the Competition shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- The theme of the Competition is Oxford Reading Spots. Ideal entries will be an image featuring a suitable and preferably visually appealing spot to read in Oxford. Preference will be given to those photos featuring a person reading (entrants must have the consent of the reader) or a book. A book cover should not be the focus of the image and those images prominently displaying the book cover may be disqualified. The focus of the image should be on the reading spot as a whole.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must email their submissions to email@example.com with ‘Oxford Reading Spots’ in the subject line. Entries must contain the entrant’s name and location of the photograph in the body of the email. Image files must be in jpeg format and should be high quality, preferably 1,200 x 1,200 PX. However. the file must be no larger than 25 Mb in order to be sent via email.
- Fairlight Books may need to modify entries, including but not limited to resizing, cropping or colour adjustment as necessary, provided that Fairlight Books shall endeavour in undertaking such modifications to maintain the integrity of your entry as originally created.
- Entrants may submit up to three entries.
- Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trade marks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If Fairlight Books has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, then Fairlight Books may not consider it and may disqualify it.
- By entering the Competition entrants give permission for Fairlight Books to display these images on their social media platforms, website, and newsletters, whether or not you are a winning entrant. Fairlight Books retains the right to remove these images for any reason at its discretion.
- The winning entries will be those that best meet the theme (Oxford Reading Spots), are visually appealing, and some consideration will be given to the image feedback from Fairlight Books’ social media channels. Include any social media such as, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest, names or handles if you want to be tagged for your entry. The long list will be released on 25/10/2017 and the short list will be released on 27/10/2017. The final winners will be announced on 30/10/2017.
- The Prizes are as follows:
- First place, a £50 gift certificate for Blackwell’s bookshop.
- Second place, a £25 gift certificate for Blackwell’s bookshop.
- Third place, a £25 gift certificate for Blackwell’s bookshop.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other prize.
- Fairlight Books reserves the right to modify or discontinue this Competition at any time, temporarily or permanently, with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Fairlight Books in all matters relating to the Competition is final and binding and indisputable.
- Fairlight Books accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any prize. Fairlight Books further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
- We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and indisputable. By submitting to this Competition, you are accepting the terms and conditions.